For our next big project, we are creating a new play about, for, and with people who are caregivers, whether professionally, at home, or in their community here in St. Paul, Minnesota. Our goal is to create a play that tells their stories, in their voice, about what it means to give care, whether for those who are sick, injured, disabled, nearing end of life, or just in need of care. We are interested in making a play that inspires all of us to think about what it means to be a community of care.
We are an arts organization that does everything in collaboration with the community we want to make art about. So, we invite participation from the caregiving community on every step of the process, from writing the play to performing in it, and everything in between. We are interested in the stories of people across a diversity of backgrounds and experiences. We will begin gathering stories for this project in Fall 2022.
Right now, as we make plans for this project, we are seeking partner organizations and individuals who can help with:
- Sharing story circle invitations to people who are caregivers and those they care for.
- Introductions to other potential partners.
- Advice about best timing and location for story circles to reach the greatest variety of people.
- Hosts interested in bringing their own group together for a story circle.
Eventually, we’ll need help from partners to invite people to:
- Attend a reading of the first draft of the play
- Audition to be in the play
- Come see the play
Please contact Alan Berks at 612-423-6335 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to consider being a partner or if you have questions or suggestions about this next project!